We work on your behalf to challenge the very basis on which you are being chased for debt payment. In many cases you will be able challenge the debt claim against you.FIND OUT MORE
I have set out below the standard conditions on which I will provide my services. The agreement between us will be set out in my letter to you.
1. I am a self-employed barrister. My name and professional title is Mr David Uff (barrister-at-law) and I am registered with the Bar Standards Board under that name. I hold a current Bar Council practicing certificate. I have professional indemnity insurance with the Bar Mutual Indemnity Fund, 90 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 4ST. My practicing address and contact details are as set out on my letter head. You can also contact Charlotte Ogley and the other members of my support team at the same address and telephone number or by e-mail to email@example.com. My VAT number is 306 8318 63.
2. Although any fees will be paid to Consumer Law Barristers Limited (“CLB”), that is simply a company which administers my practice and your contract will be with me.
3. I am the only person you are instructing and I will be personally responsible for all the work needed under this arrangement.
4. If for any reason, I become unable to continue working on your case (e.g. through illness or accident), I have arrangements in place with a law firm with expertise in this area of law who will take over conduct of your case on the same terms if you agree. In that event, you will be contacted by me or by a member of my team.
5. The work you are instructing me to carry out is set out in my cover letter.
6. As a barrister, I must follow the code of conduct in the Bar Standards Board Handbook, which is available at www.barstandardsboard.org.uk.
7. It is possible that you may be eligible for legal aid. I do not undertake legal aid work. You can find out more information about legal aid on the www.gov.uk website at www.gov.uk/civil-legal-advice.
8. If you do not qualify for legal aid, you might like to consider whether you have any insurance policies that might cover your legal fees.
9. In signing these terms, you confirm that you have been informed that you may be eligible for legal aid and where you can find further information. You are choosing to instruct me without the benefit of any legal aid that may be available to you.
10. There may be times when I am not available to you. For example, if I am in court for a day or for several days in a row. I may be totally unavailable to all other clients during that time. If you are not able to contact me directly you can contact a member of my team.
11. The most effective means of contacting me is by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. I will communicate with you at the e-mail address you have provided unless you tell me otherwise.
13. My fees for this work are set out in my cover letter.
14. Under these terms, you are responsible for paying the fees set out in my cover letter.
15. Your right to cancel within 14 days is set out in my cover letter.
16. You will lose the right to cancel this contract if you have agreed for me to start work on your case immediately.
17. I am required to keep a record of my work for you and will keep copies of any documents you give me for my own professional records.
18. I will return all your original documents to you when I have carried out the work you have instructed me to do.
20. The information which you give me will be received in professional confidence. This means that I must maintain the confidentiality of any information you have shared with me and can only tell others about it if you give your consent for me to do so or there is some statutory or other legal requirement for me to do so.
21. This contract will be governed by English law, and any dispute will be subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts. Jurisdiction means the power and authority of a court or tribunal to determine the outcome of a case and impose sanctions or penalties on those involved.
22. The availability of this guarantee and the validity of any claim you may make under the same, is subject to our standard terms.
In particular, it is important that you:
(a) Cooperate with us fully and follow our advice.
(b) Allow us to complete our work efficiently.
(c) Pay the fees promptly so that we can concentrate on our work.
A more detailed explanation will be provided to you before make any decision to instruct Consumer Law Barristers.
23. I hope you will be happy with the professional services I provide. However, if you are not satisfied, you should first refer the matter either to me or to a member of my team. A copy of my complaints procedure is available on request.
24. If you are not happy with my reply then you can contact the Legal Ombudsman. The Legal Ombudsman is a free, impartial and independent service set up by the Government which deals with complaints about the service you have received.
25. You must complain to the Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint from me (provided the response specifically notifies you of your right to complain to the Ombudsman and of the six-month time limit). A complaint to the Ombudsman must also be made not more than six years after the act or omission complained about or not more than three years from the date when you should reasonably have known that there were grounds for complaint.
For further details about how to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman, including guidance about the new scheme rules that came into effect on 1 February 2013, please contact the Legal Ombudsman directly at:
PO Box 6806
A guide to the new scheme rules that came into effect on 1 February 2013 can be found on the Legal Ombudsman’s website at
http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/downloads/documents/A-guide-to-our-revi… Asked Questions concerning the new Legal Ombudsman can be found on the BSB’s website at
“Freed from over £70,000 of debt in just 1 year! The whole process was easy… CLB gave me the chance to finally be debt free.
A huge relief.” – Angela Kelly
“We in debt are vulnerable. Consumer Law Barristers put an end to years of stress and sleepless nights with creditors looming over me.
Excellent and very personal service. Recommend them heartily!” – Raheela Salim
“I cannot explain the deep relief you feel when your debt has disappeared.
There are no real words to say thank you when you have been set free.” – Susan Yeo
“I’m so glad I found CLB! For 15 years I was struggling in debt management and going nowhere.
Thanks to CLB, I was completely freed from over £250,000 of debt in just one year!” – Luke Thomas
“This changed my life! Consumer Law Barristers sorted all my debts and gave me back my life. I’ll be forever grateful.” – Mrs Thomas