If you have not had any expert legal advice about whether you have to pay the companies which claim you owe them money, please complete the form here, email email@example.com or call 0330 124 4252 now.
How does it work?
Firstly, it’s important to understand that you have clear rights when it comes to what it is claimed that you owe:
- Any company which claims you owe them money is asserting legal rights against you.
- You also have legal rights.
- The company which claims you owe them money also has legal responsibilities.
- You have a right not to pay any money to any company unless and until you are satisfied that it has a valid and enforceable claim against you.
- You have a right to take legal advice and to be represented by a lawyer.
Effectively you should not pay anything to any company unless and until you are
satisfied that their claim is valid. That company cannot make life difficult for you whilst you do this. In our experience, debt management providers do not undertake the necessary due diligence to ensure that you only pay companies who can prove the title, value and enforceability of their claim against you.
BEFORE YOU ENTER A DEBT MANAGEMENT PLAN DUE DILIGENCE SHOULD BE DONE TO ASSESS IF A PARTICULAR CLAIMANT COMPANY SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN THE PLAN.
IF YOU ARE NOW IN A PLAN AND THIS WASN’T DONE IT CAN STILL BE DONE NOW.
IT’S LIKELY YOU ARE MAKING PAYMENTS UNDER THE PLAN IN RESPECT OF AGREEMENTS THAT AREN’T LEGALLY ENFORCEABLE!
- The company making the claim has a responsibility to co-operate with your lawyer during this process.
- The company making the claim has a responsibility not to contact you directly during this process.
An experienced and specialist barrister will assess each of the claims made by companies who you are paying or who you would be paying through your debt management plan to establish whether they have title to an enforceable claim against you and can prove the value of that claim.
Following an initial conversation when one of our team will ask some questions to find out more about the claims you are facing, our barrister will provide a free, no obligation review of your position and tell you whether the services which we provide are likely to be of real benefit to you.
We will keep you updated on the progress of your case. You will receive formal monthly reports from Mr David Uff and the team is available and happy to chat at any time via email, telephone and even WhatsApp.
Our Fee Guarantee
Any engagement following our free, no obligation review is subject to The Consumer Law Barristers Fee Guarantee which we are able to offer based on our long experience and strong results.
The Consumer Law Barristers Guarantee
Each case is unique and that means we cannot promise any specific reduction in the amount of debt you will ultimately have to pay.
What we do guarantee is:
- You will not pay us anything until we have undertaken a full assessment of your circumstances and we have confirmed we can achieve success on your case.
- We will reduce the amount of debt you have to pay by at least the amount of the fees you pay to us as an absolute minimum. In the unlikely event that we’re unable to do that then we will refund any difference.
This guarantee means that when you benefit from our highly specialist legal advice and assert your rights against any unfair and unlawful claims, you will not be put at a financial disadvantage.
Will these companies continue to contact me with demands for payment?
All of these companies have a responsibility to co-operate in this process and should not contact you directly.
It is still possible that one or more of the companies will try to bombard you with calls, texts and messages threatening further collection action in an attempt to get you to pay.
We understand the stress and anxiety which can be caused by these activities, and if they should contact you directly we will PUT A STOP TO IT! We will undertake all communication with all such companies directly on your behalf.
Through our experience of dealing with thousands of such cases we fully appreciate the huge emotional burden of debt and how it impacts severely on all aspects of your life. In addition to the hard financial results, we take these ‘softer’ and more emotional aspects of our work extremely seriously. Our highly trained support team are on hand to ensure that you are fully guided and supported on your journey to greater financial freedom.